eBook - The Essential Guide to Nursing Practice: Applying ANA’s Scope and Standards in Practice and Education
- ISBN: 9781558104556
- PUB# 9781558104556
Kathleen M. White, PhD, RN, NEA-BC, FAAN and Ann O’Sullivan, MSN, RN, NE-BC, CNE Editors
This informative, new 240-page instructional guide is for everyone who currently refers to and utilizes the current editions of Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice (2010), and Nursing’s Social Policy Statement: The Essence of the Profession (2010). These two foundational texts, together with ANA’s other foundational document, ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements, form ANA’s popular Foundation of Nursing Package.
Written by nurse experts from across the profession, this guide will facilitate teaching and instruction in both nursing courses and the professional development activities of hospitals and healthcare organizations.
Each of the 16 Standards of Professional Nursing Practice is presented in its own uniformly structured chapter, each of which provides:
- The underlying definitions, concepts, processes, and other information necessary for understanding the standard;
- Applications of the standard in the practice setting of education, administration, quality improvement, and research;
- One or more case studies and accompanying discussion topics;
- Power Point presentations* to accompany text; and
- References and online resources.
Other chapters set the context with discussions of ANA’s scope of nursing practice, the nursing standards as a whole, and nursing’s social policy statement, each with case studies, discussion topics, and Power Point presentations.
In professional practice settings, this instructional guide also offers added value to healthcare facilities that are pursuing excellence. Any facility that encourages and empowers its nursing staff to emphasize autonomy, evidence-based practice, professional ethics, professional practice models, safe workplaces, and quality issues will find a valuable resource in this publication.
In any classroom and practice setting offering professional development, this Guide can serve as a powerful, practical learning tool at any nursing level and setting.
E-Book features and functionality: Links from each header in the Contents to its in-text occurrence… Active URLs… Next page/Previous page navigation… Home page is Contents page… Fully searchable.
ANA Digital Download Policy
The American Nurses Association holds the copyright on all published materials in print and electronic formats. In accessing an eBook from Nursesbooks.org, you have agreed to download the content for individual use only. After you purchase and download this title you:
- are allowed three days to download the eBook and only one download per book.
- are entitled to print the ANA eBook PDF for your own use.
- may not make multiple copies, broadcast, store (in any medium), transmit, display, adapt or modify in any way the content for any other purpose without prior written permission.
- may not lend, sell or give the ANA PDF eBook to another user.
- may not place the ANA PDF eBook file on a network or an file sharing service for use by anyone other than yourself or allow anyone else to access it.
All eBook purchases are final and non-refundable.
Multi-user Access (site licenses)
If you have questions about these restrictions or need further assistance, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download: Table of Contents The Essential Guide to Nursing Practice [pdf]
Member Price: $50.96 | List Price: $51.80